Position: Software Developer – Full Stack,
Location: Barrie, Ontario or Winnipeg, Manitoba
Reports to: Director, Information Technology
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for the position, you must complete the questions with your submission.
Direct Reports: N/A
Purpose: A Software Developer (Full Stack) is responsible for designing, building, and maintaining both the front-end and back-end components of a web application, as well as the underlying software infrastructure. This position requires knowledge in Microsoft development tools/languages and Azure Services.
Role Requirements and Responsibilities:
· Analyze user requirements and translate them into software design
· Design, develop, and test web applications using technologies such as HTML, CSS, Blazor and various web frameworks.
· Design, develop, and test applications using technologies such as .NET, ASP.NET, C++/C#, and Microsoft Azure Technologies
· Develop EDI, and 3rd party interfaces using API’s
· Manage SQL databases
· Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code
· Debug and fix software defects and errors
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including departmental teams and senior leaders
· Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned with industry standards
· Keep up to date with emerging trends and technologies in software development
· Participate in continuous improvement of software development processes
· Document software design and maintain technical documentation
· Provide technical support for software applications.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology related course with a primary focus on Development
· Proven experience in Microsoft Azure
· 2+ years Strong programming skills in HTML, CSS, Blazor, React, and one or more web frameworks
· 2+ years Strong programming skills in ASP.NET, C#, and .NET framework
· Knowledge in one or more additional programming languages
· Knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g. Azure DevOps)
· Experience with software development tools (e.g. Visual Studio, Git)
· Ability to write clean, maintainable, and efficient code
· Experience with software testing and debugging
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Barrie, ON L4N 4Y8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- If you were provided a Visual Basic application, how would you go about converting it to a web based application assuming there is a SQL database for your application?
- How will you secure your web based application and how or what will you use to test the security of your application?
- What is you experience using Azure? Explain what services you have implemented, overview of the technology and/or solution created.
- List the top three development languages you are best at developing with.
- Have you used Blazor/React or other tools to convert applications to modern technology? Please explain.
- .NET: 2 years (required)
- Azure Services: 2 years (required)
- Microsoft SQL Server: 1 year (required)
- Web development: 2 years (required)
- UI development: 2 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Barrie, ON L4N 4Y8