Compass is a non-profit agency. At Compass, we are a culture of caring, learning and purpose. We believe in investing in our people and providing our employees with many opportunities for growth, development and learning. We are working together to create paths with children, youth and families to reach their full potential. We believe in making a positive impact on the lives of others, by genuinely caring about individuals and our community. Our guiding principles shape how we work with our clients, one another, and our partners.
- Provide receptionist duties including: office interactions with visitors, greeting and directing guests, answering and directing phone calls; order office supplies and maintain inventory; operate and maintain office machinery; and schedule meetings, book meeting rooms, coordinate catering requirements
- Maintain manual and computerized filing system
- Responsible for data entry, ensuring integrity of client data and demographic information
- Maintain confidentiality and accuracy of client data and records
- Maintain appropriate files for use by staff and maintain files according to Compass Policies and ProceduresPrepare agendas and take detailed minutes for Administrative Assistant team meetings or as needed\
- Responsible for staff training registrations
- Arrange travel and reservations
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Submit and reconcile expense reports, petty cash vouchers, reconciliation forms, credit card statements and expense forms
- Coordinate and provide support for special projects
- Successful completion of an Administrative Assistant Ontario College Diploma or equivalent
- Superior computer skills in Word, Excel, Power Point and web based applications
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible administrative experience
- Ability to deal with the public and peers in a respectful, mature and cooperative manner
- Ability to work days and evenings
- Ability to organize work effectively to meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication in both English and French is required
- Possession of a valid Ontario driver's licence and availability of an automobile in good working condition
- Provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
We offer competitive salaries, and HOOPP pension package.
We request that all applicants submit their cover letter and résumé quoting job posting number 1759, not later than November 30, 2023, clearly indicating how you meet the qualifications by email and addressed to
62 Frood Road, Suite 100
Sudbury, ON P3C 4Z3
Compass is committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. We believe that equity, inclusion and diversity is key to organizational success. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose Compass as your employer of choice.
Accommodations are available to support applicants in all aspects of the hiring process. If selected for an interview and you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We wish to thank all applicants; however only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: $26.87-$31.13 per hour
Expected hours: 35 per week
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Administrative experience: 3 years (preferred)
- English and French (preferred)
Work Location: In person