Part-time Contractor Sales Representative
Barriere Timber Mart is a modern, multi department Building Supply Store and Lumber Yard located in the heart of the North Thompson Valley, 45 minutes north of Kamloops, B.C.
Barriere Timber Mart is looking for a dependable and enthusiastic Contract Sales Representative who will be responsible for dealing with contractor needs and special orders. This position requires someone with a good working knowledge of the industry, building codes and the contractor business. The ideal applicant will be a self-motivated, with excellent communication skills and a strong construction background.
- Develop professional relationships with local contractors and major project customers to support successful project planning and completion
- Identify contractor and customers needs to support providing them with expert advice on products, warranty’s and in store promotions
- Identify new customers in the community and establish contact to gain understanding of upcoming projects and business needs.
- Establishes a schedule for maintaining contact with established accounts, developing strong relationships with existing business.
- Provide excellent customer service by follow up on completed orders to ensure customer satisfaction, and assisting customers as needed in locating, selecting, carrying, and loading merchandise
- Maintain a current knowledge of building codes including any changes to the local, provincial, and federal building codes
- Maintain a current understanding of any competitor’s policies, pricing and activities within the company trading area
- Provide a problem-free service to contractor and customer base including price and delivery quotation, sourcing new or unusual products, and complete material estimates as needed.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures including, inventory, special order procedures, pricing policies, and company credit policy.
- Review material requirements with customers, including qualifying blueprint and material take-offs
- Network and build strong relationships with qualified trade persons within the community and provide contact information of those trade persons for prospective customers and pursue new account growth
- Maintain a currant knowledge of marketplace dynamics with new suppliers and products and inform customers of changes
- Stay informed of in-store promotions and marketing initiatives
- Assume other duties as requested by the General Store Manager
- Strong interpersonal and sales skills
- Strong computer skill in Excel, Word, and POS system
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work co-operatively in a team setting
- A strong background in the construction and home improvement industry, as well as, retail and sales
- Physically able to perform tasks that require prolonged standing, sitting and other activities that are necessary to perform job duties
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation
- Positive and collaborative team
- Meaningful work
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Thank you for your interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Preference will be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry as per
Canada’s Human Rights Act and legislation surrounding Employment Equity.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Salary: $24.00-$28.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Barriere, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 2023-02-24