CareRx is Canada’s leading provider of specialty pharmacy services to seniors. We serve more than 96,000 residents in over 1,600 seniors and other communities (long-term care homes, retirement homes, assisted living facilities, and group homes). We are a national organization with a large network of pharmacy fulfillment centres that allows us to deliver medications in a timely and cost-effective manner. We take an active role in working with our home operator partners to promote resident health, staff education, and medication system quality and efficiency.
Whether you do your best work in a dispensary, in a clinical setting, in an office, or on the road, we have a place for you.
As a Pharmacy Assistant, you will be reporting to the Pharmacy Manager within our Vancouver pharmacy. The position is responsible for technical functions concerning filling prescriptions and administration under the direct supervision of the pharmacist. While prior experience is an asset, it is not required.
Some Key Responsibilities
- Perform operational duties such as:
- labeling and filling blister packages
- preparing compounded products
- operating automated dispensing machines (PacMed)
- using Kroll software to process refills, input prescriptions, etc.
- Manage Stock inventory
- Perform other duties as assigned to support CareRx
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Superb customer service skills are essential
- Weekend and statutory holiday rotations is required
- Professional phone etiquette
CareRx welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Interested, qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
All applicants must successfully pass satisfactory background screening (depending on the role - Criminal Record Check, Credit Check, Driver’s Abstract, Education Verification, Current Professional Registration) and referencing. Background screening will be completed after an offer of employment has been extended and accepted.