Alamos Gold Inc. Young-Davidson is currently recruiting the following challenging position to join our operations team:
HR/First Nations Community Assistant
Alamos Gold’s Young-Davidson is a low-cost, long-life operation and one of Canada’s largest underground gold mines. It is located near the town of Matachewan centrally located between Timmins, Kirkland Lake, North Bay and Sudbury, Ontario. The recent completion of a highly automated lower mine expansion has resulted in Young-Davidson increasing production as well as strong free cash flow generation. With a large Mineral Reserve base, it will serve as Alamos’ foundation for growth for many years to come. This is a very exciting time at Young-Davidson, and we are searching for highly motivated and committed people to join our team!
If you are willing to be part of a team that is dedicated to growth, high performance and a culture of safety and accountability, we would like to hear from you!
Date Posted: June 15, 2023 Closing Date: June 30, 2023
Reporting to the Senior HR Generalist, the successful candidate will be responsible to assist with the administration of day-to-day Human Resources department function and duties and act as a liaison between the mine site and our First Nation partners.
- Coordinate scheduling of HR activities, programs, meetings and events as required.
- Administer internal and external job postings and manage applicant tracking system for all incoming job applications. Track probationary period performance evaluations for new hires.
- Identifying effective candidate sources and tools and participate in candidate screening, scheduling of interviews and reference checks.
- Responsible for general office administration including, but not limited to maintaining and reordering office supplies inventory; distribution of post office mail, booking events and catering; booking travel and hotel arrangements; coordinating site tours and managing the necessary interdepartmental logistics.
- Prepare materials for onboarding and conduct HR onboarding process for new hires, if required.
- Responsible for HRIS data entries, including set up of new hires, employee changes and ensuring records stay current.
- Respond to inquiries and Be a first point of contact and or mentor for our first nation employees on site.
- Promote First Nation cultural awareness & training along with training and job opportunities at site.
- Liaise with our First Nation partners and be a source of contact for the site and communities.
- Coordinate and Facilitate meetings, minutes, on-site programs and tours with First Nation partners.
- provide information to employees and management.
- Distribute communication concerning HR information, policies and programs.
- Organize and plan company functions and events and prepare Company newsletter.
- HR and general administrative filing.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 1-3 years of work experience in Human Resources department or office administration.
- Be a first nation member of Matachewan.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Excellent computer skills specifically in Microsoft office products and experience working with HRIS.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal communication and written skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills together with an ability to facilitate commitment to a cooperative team effort.
- The ideal candidate should process high level energy, self-motivation and strong learning agility.
Young Davidson offers competitive base wage and incentive benefits, including health and welfare insurance benefits, pension and RRSP plan and employee share purchase plan with opportunities for both personal and professional advancement.
Qualified candidates are invited to visit our website, www.alamosgold.com and apply online under the careers’ sections.
Alamos Gold Inc. is committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants however; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.