Are you looking for an entry level position in Burnaby?
We are hiring a Production Worker for our Burnaby facility. The person will prepare rock sample for testing. No prior laboratory or testing experience is required. Training will be provided
Who we are
Metro Testing + Engineering Ltd. is the largest material testing company in Western Canada with 13 offices and 240 employees. Everyday since 1987, our technicians are busy at our labs and on the road conducting testing of concrete, soil, and asphalt for our customers in the construction industry. We completed over 300,000 projects and many of them are high profile and long-term projects. None of these projects will be possible without the contributions from our dedicated team of engineers, geoscientists, technicians, technologists, and supporting staff.
We are conveniently located in the Cariboo area of Burnaby and easily accessible by Skytrain or bus.
What you will be doing
· Reducing the size of rocks into smaller sample size
· Feeding the crushed rock into a machine to pulverize
· Collect the pulverized rock, bag them and label them
Who we are looking for
· Legally allowed to work in Canada without sponsorship
· Physically fit and can lift up to 50lbs/ 22kgs
· Ability to preform repetitive work
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Good work ethic and safety focused.
· Good eye-hand coordination
· Available for shifts between Monday to Saturday
What we offer
· $20 /hr
· Our company values teamwork, integrity, mentorship, and a commitment to delivering exceptional service with the mindset of putting people first
More about us
Metro Testing + Engineering is a multi-cultural and diverse organization with employees from around the globe; our commitment to building an extraordinary team has no borders. There are 15 different languages spoken in our corporate office and flagship firm alone. Foreign educated workers hold positions at every level of our company, ranging from entry level technicians, engineers, administrators to branch managers and principal owners.
We are strong believers in global community and accountability.
To learn more about us, please check out our video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5DHHpoVk9U
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 3 months
Salary: $20.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burnaby, BC V3N 4A3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-10