Shack Shine is a home service company, specializing in window washing, gutter cleaning and power washing services for a high-end clientele. Shack Shine is hiring for a Technician role. You will work on the tools outside as well as interact with homeowners in a friendly way while on site.
No experience? No problem! We care about who you are way more than your experience, and will happily train the right person!
The ideal candidate is organized and customer focused, with a passion for delivering outstanding results to his or her clients. Those who enjoy working with their hands outside, using ladders, dealing with people, doing basic admin and not being micromanaged will love it!
This is a great opportunity to develop alongside a fast growing company with potential of eventually becoming a lead technician, running your own crew, or even becoming a manager/ leader in the business for those wanting a long term career.
Grow your leadership skills, advance your career, and have FUN doing it!
Technician / Lead Technician
Are you looking for a career with large growth opportunities? Like working and leading people? If so, this could be for you!
Shack Shine is the leader in house detailing services, and professional Christmas light installation in North America. We specialize in servicing high-end homes, and our team members take great pride in the work we
do. We work in an exciting, high performance culture and love bringing awesome people to our team!
- We operate Monday to Friday from 8am-5pm, sometimes extra work on Saturdays.
- You'll be joining a great team at Shack Shine where you’ll be fully trained to use all the tools to help our customers’ homes and properties shine. This is a great opportunity for people that want to get/stay in shape, like physical work, enjoy working outside, and appreciate variety - no two days are the same!
Flexible scheduling available
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Work with your hands, completing window washing, pressure washing, gutter cleaning and Christmas lights installations. From October-February you will be focused on Christmas Lights
- Working with clients throughout the job process to ensure an excellent customer Experience
- Complete basic admin work including invoicing, customer call aheads, and reading and understanding the scope of work on customer contracts using an Ipad.
- Driving and maintaining a Shack Shine Mercedes Sprinter Van
- Go through companies PAID training and development program
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Comfortable with ladder work and heights
- Outgoing personality, able to connect with people effectively
- Basic Ipad/ admin skills
- Ability to work with a team as well as be self motivated
- Able to work some Saturdays when necessary from mid March-May
- Experience in the industry is an asset, but not required.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$28.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- Company car
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you live within a 30 minute commute of Vancouver? How would you get to Cambie and King Edward daily?
- What is the physically hardest thing you have ever done for an extended period of time? Why did you not quit?
- Why are you interested in this job specifically doing both physical work and customer service, and how do you see this role helping/ being a good fit in your own life?
- Driving Licence (required)
Expected start date: 2023-10-10