An established law firm with offices in Cochrane and Bragg Creek seeks a Receptionist to join our team at our Cochrane location.
The Receptionist will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of the law firm, including carrying out administrative services, providing support to the legal team, and ensuring clients receive excellent customer service. The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and a client-oriented approach, the ability to multi-task and stay calm in a busy workplace.
We value a healthy work-life balance and building a good rapport amongst our team. We are looking for a candidate who is professional and shares these values.
The preferred Candidate will be available Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm to cover our Business operating hours.
_The position is full-time 40hrs per week.
Please note this is NOT a Paralegal or Legal Assistant role._
Role and Responsibilities
· Complete administrative duties such as answering and directing phone calls
· Making copies, scanning documents
· Follow the firm’s practice for saving digital documents to files
· Greeting clients upon their arrival at our office
· Coordinate appointments, including all correspondence and calendar bookings/scheduling
· Draft documents and letters as requested by the legal team
· Implement and/or improve upon administrative processes for more efficient workflow
· Deposit cheques to Cochrane banks for Real Estate and other transactions (personal vehicle required)
· Responding to clients’ email and phone enquiries with quotes
· Assisting with notary and commissioner for oaths appointments including preparing documents, printing, scanning, preparing invoices and taking payment
· Assisting with real estate files including scanning executed documents to file, arranging couriers, and doing bank drops on closing days
· Responsible for posting on social media platforms
· Assisting with facilitating occasional marketing programs such as events, sponsorships, contests, etc.
· Opening and locking up the office whenever first in/last out
· Running errands to pick up supplies or placing online orders for office supplies
· Monitor supply levels of office materials
· Manage ingoing and outgoing mail from Canada Post/FedEx/Purolator
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· 2+ years working experience as a Receptionist
· Customer Service Experience essential
· Experience in law firm preferred
· Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
· Familiarity with Apple Computers/Mac OS
· Knowledge of “CosmoLex” Practice Management Software considered an asset
· Knowledge of “LawPay” considered an asset
· Being a Commissioner of Oaths considered an asset
Preferred Skills & Character Traits
· Demonstrates Initiative
· Ability to follow protocols and pay close attention to detail
· High regard for strict confidentiality
· Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, Mac Computers, Webex, and experience with CosmoLex practice management software
· Values Teamwork and good rapport amongst colleagues
Applications Accepted By: Email
Email: [email protected]
Attn: Carmen Ryan
Applicants viewing this job posting on Indeed.ca and other external platforms are asked to submit their cover letter and resume via email. Only applications received via email will be considered for review.
Not Available. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada with a valid SIN.
Maverick Law is not able to consider applicants seeking a work permit or immigration sponsorship programs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Secondary School (preferred)
- receptionist: 2 years (preferred)
- administrative: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location