Job and Firm Description
We are seeking a Private Enterprise Tax Manager to join our young, motivated team in a vibrant Port Moody, BC location. The ideal candidate is a Canadian designated CPA professional, with ample experience in Canadian personal and corporate tax compliance services and is eager to contribute to the success of the firm in a vital role leading the Private Enterprise portfolio.
We are a boutique CPA firm of nine (9) individuals providing Private Enterprise, Fractional CFO and Financial Reporting, and Full-Cycle Accounting services. Our firm was established over 40 years ago and was rebranded and relocated to Port Moody in 2019.
Offering a strong work/life balance and a manageable ‘busy season’, this position is ideal for a candidate looking to step away from the ‘hustle and bustle’. This role involves the management, preparation, filing and review of tax compliance filings for individuals, corporations, partnerships, and trusts, including involvement with assurance services such as compilation and (a few) review engagements.
This is not a CPA PERT role. Applicants must be a designated Canadian CPA.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Organize and manage the firm’s pool of T1, T2, and T3 engagements
- Prepare and file T1 personal tax returns, T2 corporate tax returns (public and private companies), T3 trust income tax returns
- Prepare and file a minimal pool of T4 and T5 slips
- Prepare CaseWare working paper files and ASPE financial statements for compilation and review engagements for small private entities
- Assist clients with CRA audits and disputes
- Prepare and file flow-through corporate tax filings for publicly traded companies in the junior resource sector
- Involvement with preparation of deferred income tax provisions (financial statement note disclosure for publicly traded companies)
Qualifications, Skills & Personal Attributes
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation from CPA Canada
- Experience with foreign reporting (T106, T1134 and T1135 forms) (preferred)
- Experience with CaseWare, QuickBooks, and TaxPrep
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with the initiative and ability to identify and research tax issues and formulate solutions
- A motivated self-starter able to work efficiently and autonomously
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills, and ability to multi-task
- Initiative to remain current with new tax legislation
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $105,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person