Relay Logistics is a leader in the fast-growing supply chain management and third-party logistics industry. Our customer is a Canadian retail giant specializing in pharmaceutical goods. Every day, we manage, store, and move products for one of the best-known brands in Canada. We’ve made a commitment to building strong teams and an exceptional work environment so our partners can achieve exceptional results together. Our success globally is tied to your success locally. Together, we can do great things.
We offer a supportive work environment where our partners are given the tools and training they need to learn, grow, and succeed.
Relay Logistics offers everything you want in a new job opportunity: safe, reliable jobs; competitive pay and benefits; paid, on-the-job training; paid vacation; and opportunities for advancement.
Do you bring passion to what you do, possess a can do spirit, and exude the drive to do things right the first time to deliver high quality service?
If so, then Relay Logistics is looking for world-class people like you!
Required Shift Days and Timing:
100% on-site, HR Administrative Assistant, Monday to Friday 9-5 or 8-4 pm
8 hour shift Monday to Friday
Note - The successful incumbent must have flexibility to support our night shift between 1 am to 3 am 1-2 days a month, based on the needs of the business/associates. You will be able to schedule the overnight shift based on your availability - unless for a specific holiday event such as Thanksgiving.
The HR Administrative Assistant will be responsible for working closely with the HR Manager to create, and maintain Relay’s company culture by assisting with the execution of activities and events and general administration related to partner activities and employment such as maintaining the time keeping system, tracking performance reviews, onboarding, training etc. This role will report into the HR Manager.
- Assist in the reviewing the weekly payroll process by auditing time cards and liaising with operations leadership to reconcile any issues that occur.
- Use considerable judgment and initiative to determine the approach or action to take in non-routine situations.
- Perform broad range of administrative details of highly confidential nature on a regular basis, requiring initiative and judgment to make independent decisions for which probable errors may have moderate effect on cost.
- Prepare a variety of highly confidential, specialized, and recurrent reports such as financial data. Produce high quality reports, presentations, proposals, or other documents.
- Perform additional general administrative duties as assigned by management such as assisting the General Manager with the monthly department update presentation to be presented to the client.
- Enter and maintain data in Human Resource Management System (HRMS)
- Maintain filing system including items that are confidential.
- Maintain and organize site calendar, scheduled meetings and appointments.
- Required continuous use of technical and business vocabulary and a detailed knowledge of company operations, organizational procedures, and personnel.
- Serve as a communication point for associates on human resource inquiries.
- Operate office equipment including fax, copiers, printers, binding machines, phones, etc.
- Work closely with Canadian Recruitment center to manage hourly hires in Power BI and conduct reference checks and administer internal job posting process
- Training/Orientation/Meeting Coordination; communicate with all facilitators (site leadership, functional leads such as HR, H&S, QA, and candidates), ensure room is set up, items and food setup and/or orders, and onboarding packages are created in full.
- Coordinating Service Awards with employees, retirement planning, ordering flowers for births/deaths/hospitalization as per program
- Work closely with DHL/External training to coordinate training, setting up room, ordering meals etc.
- Support annual HR activities such as EOS, Benefit re-enrollment, employee information refresh, etc.
- Take notes/minutes at roundtables, and other employee meetings as required.
- Offer administrative support to employees, as required (mailing of benefits forms etc.)
- Maintain HRTV & Communication , Recognition, Culture and other communication boards and ensure forms area is adequately stocked with templates
- Maintain Organizational Charts and Phone Directory
- Prepare appropriate letters to support disciplinary procedures, employment letters, termination letters, etc.
- Manage order process for all departments of business cards and cell phone requests, general materials requests.
- Regular Floor Presence in the warehouse, on all shifts is required
- Other related activities as directed by the HR and Site Leadership
Required Education and Experience:
- Completion of Post-secondary education in College or University, in Human Resources, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, or other related education program, required
- 1 to 3 years HR and/or related-Experience, required
- Minimum 3 years using MS Office Suite for business/education, required
- Experience using Canva for professional communication design, preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience in customer-focused role, preferred
Here’s what’s in it for you
- A great, family-like environment where you will feel welcomed and appreciated
- A clean and organized, state-of-the art facility with the following bonus features
- Prayer/meditation room-Free coffee/tea/R.O water system/snacks/drinks-A dedicated training/development room
- An Annual Physical and mental health allowance
- Access to our online Training platform as well as on-site Leadership Library
- A competitive Paid Time Off (PTO) structure
- Medical, dental, and optical health coverage
- Retirement/Pension Savings Program with employer match options
- Tuition and continuous learning reimbursement
- Wellness weeks, diversity days, and other monthly celebrations…and so much more!
We would love for you to join our World class team we pride ourselves in being An Essential Part of Everyday Life!
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Halton Hills, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you available to support culture/engagement events on our other shifts regularly? Shift requirements would be either 7 pm to 3 am, 8 pm to 4 am, once or twice a month as well as 3 pm to 11 pm on occasion based on needs of the business to support the night shift associates.
- Human resources: 1 year (required)
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-11-20