SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott and Hilton.
We are looking for a Director, Sales and Marketing in Halifax, NS.
We are looking for an energetic and results focused Sales & Marketing leader. This challenging role oversees revenue generation for The Barrington Hotel’s 200 rooms and Hotel Halifax’s 295 rooms located in the downtown core of Atlantic Canada’s largest city. The Director, Sales & Marketing is responsible for the overall efficient and effective guidance and leadership of the Sales & Marketing department towards the achievement of the hotel’s overall financial objectives. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, supervising the current sales associates, maximizing revenues, managing expenses, encouraging up selling, and working to stay ahead of the competition. The objective is to create 100% Guest & Associate Satisfaction. The Director, Sales & Marketing assists the General Manager in setting and achieving both financial and service goals through genuine service and by exceeding guest and team expectations. All service provided is expected to be consistent with the Hotel and SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts standards.
Why work with us:
This role offers great benefits and incentives including:
- A competitive benefits package which includes healthcare, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- Quarterly and annual incentives, plus Hotel personal incentives
- Vacation, wellness days and paid holidays
- Dry cleaning, covered parking, on-site F&B perks, RRSP matching
- Hotel travel discounts
- Located in the heart of downtown Halifax
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Set goals and standards while finding solutions that are beneficial to guests and associates, while meeting deadlines that are decisive and achievement oriented.
· Work closely with the Revenue Management team to effectively yield rates for all market segments based on need periods.
· Manage and evaluate the financial operations of the sales & marketing initiatives to ensure cost effectiveness and optimum utilization of resources by preparing and presenting profit plans/budgets to approving authorities.
· Develop, implement and evaluate short-term tactics, long range marketing/sales plans and programs by focusing on customer needs and expectations.
· Provide direction, leadership, feedback and support to divisional associates by planning, supervising and evaluating work.
· Participate in the development and execution of a strategic business plan by providing and analyzing current and projected sales data.
· Direct the development of effective public relations, advertising and promotional campaigns, and measure the effectiveness of media campaigns and the effects on our competitive position.
· Prepare budgets, forecasts and monitor financial performance.
· More details of the role and responsibilities available.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
· Candidate must have a minimum of 4 years Sales, Marketing & Catering leadership experience, preferably in a hotel environment
· Post-secondary education in Hospitality Management, Sales, and Revenue & Commerce experience an asset
· University or college degree in Hotel Management/Business Administration
· Professional presentation and excellent communication skills
· Energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated team player with inspirational leadership
· Passionate and creative with selling, must be results oriented with ability to be flexible
· Strong people management skills, maintaining a quality team which is motivated and mutually supportive of each other.
· Financial aptitude, proven budgeting, forecasting experience is essential
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills, and experience with accurate forecasting and analysis of results
· Thorough knowledge of social media and e-marketing channels
· Knowledge of Opera is an asset.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
· Possess exceptionally strong guest service skills to ensure superior guest service.
· Exceptional organizational skills and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
· Team-player who is able to recognize the value of guests & associates.
· Passion and drive to work and excel in the Hospitality Industry.
· Strong leadership & coaching skills.
· Positive, enthusiastic, energetic and understanding the concept of leading by example.
· Proven ability to inspire fellowship and to develop and maintain strong, productive relationships.
· Able to multi-task & meet deadlines.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
Apply to: [email protected]
Silverbirch Hotels & Resorts is supportive of workforce diversity and encourages applications from qualified individuals.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Halifax, NS B3J 1P2: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (required)
- sales: 4 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person