We’re hiring a Fine Dining Server
to join our world class team at Sonora Resort, a luxury all-inclusive Relais & Chateaux Resort, in the unspoiled wilderness of British Columbia. Nestled in the Discovery Islands, Sonora Resort is a remote location accessed by water taxi from the town of Campbell River on Vancouver Island. This is a Seasonal position that works on site at the Resort in shift work rotations. Seeking a start date as soon as possible, working until the end of our season in Mid-October.
Our team shares a deep appreciation for the unspoiled wilderness of British Columbia. Our opulent location is an undeniable draw for those seeking an exciting career with a side of adventure. We are completely submerged in the great outdoors with easy access to hiking trails, Florence Lake, and opportunities to get on the water to explore the Inside Passage.
Each one of our team members contributes to the guest experience at Sonora Resort. Working at Sonora means you are part of a team of passionate and trained professionals focused on providing our guests with unique experiences and cherished memories.
Sonora Resort is committed to creating an engaging and supportive work environment, with a focus on developing and promoting talent from within. We offer competitive compensation packages, exciting employee incentives and the opportunity to develop under the prestigious Relais & Châteaux banner.
- All staff are provided with complimentary single bedroom accommodations. Complimentary wifi, cable TV and internet calling provided in each staff room.
- Complimentary meals, snacks and beverages provided from our Staff Kitchen
- Shift work is required from April until October; comprised of 10-21 working days and 4 non-working working days, subject to change during peak season; employees are expected to be flexible in their scheduling to meet the needs of the business.
- Water taxi transportation is provided to and from Campbell River for scheduled work shifts
- Staff are required to leave the resort on their scheduled non-working days and are responsible for securing further transportation and accommodation thereafter.
- Team Amenities on site include a staff lounge, fitness facility, hot tub, outdoor staff lounge area, access to trout ponds, hiking trails and Florence Lake where a canoe and stand-up paddleboards are available for staff use.
- Enjoy other great work perks such as:
- 25% off at Sonora’s Gift Shop and Island Currents Spa (Services & products)
- Special room rate for Employees & immediate family members visiting Sonora Resort
- Staff social events and opportunities to experience adventure tours & activities
- An Employee & Family Assistance Program offering counseling and mental health supports.
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- We offer competitive wages, paid hourly, with opportunities for overtime, plus gratuities.
A Fine Dining Server at Sonora Resort will have a passion for delivering unique and exquisite service that compliment a world class dining experience. A fine dining server will be expected to work as a team with colleagues to prepare and serve the assigned service or function.
- Demonstrate desired service behaviors in accordance with Relais and Chateaux expectations.
- Greet, seat, and serve guests in the dining room.
- Ensure all daily and weekly cleaning tasks are completed and up to standards.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the dining room and stations.
- Knowledgeable of all regular and special menu items as well as any changes daily.
- Able to read service tickets and deliver food to the correct seat numbers.
- Assist bartenders with service and stocking duties.
- Physically demanding and repetitive tasks, handling heavy loads, combination of sitting, walking, standing for extended periods of time, bending, crouching, kneeling.
Skills & Characteristics
- Three (3) years of experience in fine dining; experience in a live-in resort environment is preferred.
- High School Diploma required. Any additional education or experience in the Hospitality, Tourism, or related fields would be an asset.
- Experience working with a POS system.
- Beginner WSET qualifications are considered an asset.
- Must be fluent in English, second language an asset.
- First Aid certificates are an asset.
- Must have a valid serving it right number.
- Applicant must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
About Sonora Resort
- Exemplary customer service skills and a demonstrated willingness to exceed guest expectations.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as a part of a team or independently with minimum supervision.
- Adapts easily to change; works quickly and accurately under pressure, tight deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Demonstrates willingness to exceed guest expectations.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team or independently with minimum supervision.
- Effective decision making and problem-solving capabilities demonstrating sound judgement.
- Trustworthy with sensitive or confidential company information.
Sonora Resort, a Relais & Chateâux property, is located on Sonora Island in the Discovery Islands of British Columbia. It is accessible by boat or air, and 50 minutes by helicopter from Vancouver. Known as one of Canada’s hidden gems, Sonora has a unique place in the world because of its secluded location, abundance of natural beauty and wildlife, with luxury accommodations and gourmet cuisine. Sonora is part of the Relais & Chateâux association of the world’s finest hoteliers, chefs and restaurateurs that has set the standard for excellence in hospitality. Whether you have an adventurous heart or a desire to live in a remarkable wild place such as this, you will find all kinds of career options at Sonora Resort. We encourage you to visit our website at www.sonoraresort.com