The Trainer helps drive company values and philosophy and ensures all training and development activities are linked to the organization’s mission and vision. Specializes in performance development and learning delivery of brand and service-related topics. Plans and executes key learning delivery and leadership development activities. Facilitates and/or delivers specified on-property training, including core required training and brand training for hourly associates, supervisors, and leaders. Acts as subject matter expert on brand and leadership development tools and resources, educating all leaders on their resources and assisting in their development as requested/appropriate.
· Promotes and informs associates about all training programs.
· Coordinates and delivers required training programs, including identification of participants and periodic follow-up for completing, when appropriate.
· Develops training aids and multi-media tools to present training material.
· Orders and manages inventory of training materials and supplies.
· Thoroughly prepares for each learning event (in-person or virtual) and demonstrates a mastery of content knowledge.
· Prepares for training classes (e.g., materials, setup classes, breakdown classes).
· Monitors compliance of all required training, including training programs for new hires, brand training initiatives, and works directly with HR and Operations Leaders to drive compliance for all required training.
· Understands and utilizes learning technology platforms and ensures the “Learning Coordinator” responsibilities are executed to support the hotel’s training needs.
· Understands role and functionality of the digital learning platform, including impersonation, assignments and reporting capabilities.
· Stays current on learning technology enhancements and new learning program launches.
· Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
· Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
· Creates an environment that enables maximum learning by employing adult leaning principles.
· Demonstrates knowledge of the uniqueness of each audience, including delivery adjustment to the various learning styles represented, as well as for any special needs that could affect the learning.
· Verifies participants understand program materials.
· Monitors enrollment and attendance at training classes. Logs attendance within associate record.
· Meets regularly with participants to assess progress and address concerns.
· Partners with operational leaders to assess if associates demonstrate effective technical and leadership skills.
· Verifies that management and non-management training programs are conducted in accordance with standard operating procedures.
· Identifies performance gaps and works with managers to develop and implement appropriate training to improve performance.
· Makes any necessary adjustments to training methodology and/or re-trains as appropriate.
Education and Experience
· 2-year post secondary education in Human Resources, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the human resources or related professional area; certified trainer
· Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
· Must be able to work flexible hours
· Travel required
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is committed to building a more diverse workplace and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Muskoka, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person