We are seeking a Retail Sales associate to become an integral part of our team in The UPS Store in Scarborough/Toronto.
The Center Associate is responsible for delivering world-class customer service to all retail customers. They receive and process packages for courier shipment and operate copiers, printers, fax machines, binding equipment, laminating machines, and point-of-sale devices. The Associate expertly advises our valued customers by providing accurate information on our products, services, and best-value options. The Associate exhibits confidence by knowing best practices related to the industry.
The ideal Center Associate candidate will have retail sales experience, have strong computer and internet skills, be able to lift 40 pounds, a friendly and genuinely helpful demeanor, a professional appearance, and will be a fast learner who tries to learn all aspects of the business in the shortest possible time. The following is a representative list of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position:
· Deliver outstanding customer service to walk-in customers and telephone inquiries.
· Receive, sort and place mail in mailbox modules accurately.
· Record all sales transactions on the POS system and accurately process cash, debit, and credit card transactions.
· Receive and process packages for couriers including lifting and weighing of packages on scale, accessing appropriate software or manifesting manually and correctly labeling packages.
· Pack contents for shipping using established procedures and products.
· Assist in merchandising the centre, including stocking shelves with product; making sure copier paper trays are filled throughout the day; ensuring a clean and orderly appearance of product; informing appropriate personnel of inventory levels for re-ordering supplies.
· Follow-up with customers to discuss product and pricing options, proactively understand the customer’s needs, and develop sales proposals.
· Take ownership of the customer's shipping problem and offer viable solutions.
· Operate all equipment, software, and devices in an expert fashion and be willing to teach others.
· Use Marketing spreadsheet to generate new sales leads.
· Close out cash at end-of-day including reconciliation of cash, debit & credit cards.
· Operate copiers, fax machines, binding equipment, and all other office machines in a safe, efficient, and productive manner.
· Open and close security gate daily.
· General housekeeping including vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of all glass surfaces, emptying trash and kitchen/bathroom areas.
· Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in the use of computers and commonly used business software
- Quick and accurate typing and data entry
- Effective verbal and written communications
- Familiar with Customer Services
- Communication skills consist of effective verbal and written communications.
- Ability to effectively multi-task.
- Friendly and outgoing personality.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build rapport with customers
- Being certified of a graphic design program would be privileged
Job Type: Full Time / Part time
Hours: 30 – 37.5 per week
Salary: $17 per hour
· Monday to Friday
- Sales: 2 years (required)
Work Location: Scarborough
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: $17.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
Work Location: In person