Job Title: Foreman – Permanent Full Time
Business name: Wesbild Holdings Limited
Business address: 2600 - 1055 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC
Department/Reports To: General Manager
Work Location: 60 Senator Road, North Vancouver, BC
Position Type/Hours of Work Permanent Full Time, 40 hours per week
Level/Salary Range: $35 - $38 per hour
Benefits: Health & Dental Benefits
Language of Work: English
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are seeking an experienced and skilled Foreman to join our Marine Yard Operations team. As a Foreman, you will play a crucial role in overseeing the daily activities of the yard, ensuring smooth marina operations, and maintaining a safe working environment. Your leadership and technical expertise as it relates to marine operations will be instrumental in supporting our mission to provide exceptional service to our customers.
The position is responsible for the following tasks:
Marine Service Yard Operations
- Operate the hydraulic submersible Sealift and Conolift Y20 to Haul out/Splash Boats, demonstrating expertise in boat handling.
- Conduct training sessions for the yard staff on the safe operation of equipment such as the Sealift, Y20 trailer, telehandler, and forklift.
- Provide training on blocking and spotting techniques to ensure proper boat handling and safety.
- Perform tasks such as reblocking boats, operating forklifts, telehandlers, and other equipment, and conducting power wash operations.
- Supervise Dock Walks to audit the inventory of boats in the yard, ensuring accurate records.
- Meet with shift supervisor(s) daily to review the yard schedule and plan for efficient operations.
- Collaborate with the Admin team to schedule monthly hours for yard staff
- Manage yard supply purchases, maintaining adequate inventory levels.
- Maintain effective communication with the office to relay any changes in the daily schedule promptly.
- Plan and schedule yard and equipment maintenance and winterization activities to protect assets during adverse weather conditions.
- Take an active role in HR-related tasks, including conducting interviews, regular staff performance reviews, and addressing disciplinary actions when necessary.
- Oversee and schedule yard maintenance tasks, including garbage collection and equipment inventory management.
- Implement management policies and ensure compliance throughout the yard.
- Provide assistance to management in building maintenance tasks.
- Coordinate and schedule service providers for equipment maintenance, fueling, and waste removal.
- Enforce site safety protocols for fire prevention and response, spill response as well as first aid procedures.
- Review daily equipment checklists to ensure proper maintenance and functionality.
- Participate in monthly management reviews to provide insights and suggest improvements.
- Report incidents involving staff, customers, and damage to boats, following established procedures.
- Manage customer interactions, including obtaining signed Customer Waiver Forms and acting as a liaison between customers and the yard.
- Knowledge and experience with marine phenomenon such as tides, mooring, etc is mandatory for this position. Work experience at a marina or marine industry and/or the equivalent hours as a licensed boater with active boating experience is required for this role.
- Proven experience and operating knowledge of hydraulic submersible boat lifts and hydraulic boat trailers is a mandatory requirement of this role.
- Experience handling vessels in 45’ to 63’ length overall, with a high level of proficiency.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, proven experience in leading teams.
- Knowledge of marine operations, equipment maintenance, and yard management.
- Excellent organizational abilities to manage schedules, equipment, and resources effectively.
- A keen eye for safety, with a track record of promoting and enforcing safety protocols.
- Previous experience in HR-related tasks and performance management is preferred.
- Experience with Pacsoft Scheduling software is highly preferred
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- High attention to detail and commitment to delivering high-quality work.
- Exceptional customer service skills, Positive attitude and approach.
- Strong work ethic, organized, ability to multi-task, sees jobs through to completion
- Anticipate future obstacles, analyze situations and ensure work is done right the first time
- Quick learner - flexible, adaptable, improves continuously, “can do” attitude
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- High ethical standards, respect for equipment, procedures and safety requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team player, energetic
- Be willing to work weekends and holidays.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $35.00-$38.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have any work experience with a submersible hydraulic boat lifting equipment?
- boat lift: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-09-01