CUSTOMER SERVICE/RECYCLING REPRESENTATIVE
Looking for a high-energy, positive work environment with great coworkers and great perks? Island Return It is looking for a Customer Service/Recycling Representative to join our team in Cobble Hill, BC.
WHO WE ARE
Island Return It is a family owned and operated recycling business, and we've been greening up our communities since 1995.
To make recycling and returning easy. Since Day One, we've been bringing recycling out of the dark ages with bright, clean, well-organized and centrally-located recycling centres on the Island.
By making recycling painless, we're encouraging more people to do their part, and it's working... Since we opened, Island Return It has collected and recycled over 1 billion containers—a feat we're pretty proud of!
Our Customer Service/Recycling Representative are the backbone of our operation. They're the go-to folks to get 'er done! In this fast-paced role, there's lots of variety - you'll be helping customers, counting, sorting, working the return till and keeping our facilities clean and ship-shape.
- Providing excellent customer service.
- Educating clientele about accepted products and recycling programs.
- Using point of return till operation and handling cash.
- Daily cleaning of the front/back areas.
- Counting accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Sorting efficiently a variety of products according to types.
- Helping co-workers in day-to-day duties, demonstrating a team-focused attitude.
- Changing bins, bags, and boxes when filled.
- Moving products inside and outside of the facility.
- Following established and future company guidelines, policies and safety codes.
- Working directly with and taking direction from the Location Manager/Assistant Manager
Why our team members tend to stick around long-term:
* Competitive pay, benefits, bonuses & tips
* A fun, lively atmosphere with awesome colleagues.
* Your job is a workout - no gym membership required!
You'll fit in at Island Return It if:
* You have solid basic math skills (yep, there are some numbers involved).
* You can lift up to 30 lbs safely and like to be physically active at work.
* You're a multi-tasker and team player who's organized, reliable, keen, and works hard!
THE BOTTOM LINE?
We want our team to love what they do, provide an awesome customer experience, and have a lot of fun doing it while saving the planet!
If you're interested in being part of our mission to make communities (and the planet) greener, send us your resume or drop by in-person - we'd love to meet you!
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $18.50 per hour
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you available to work Saturdays?
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-09-25