Only those who live locally in Barrhead, Alberta and Apply in Person will be considered. NO Email or Online Applicants will be considered. This position is NOT open to LMIA or AINP Renewal Stream Applicants.
HOW TO APPLY: IN PERSON ONLY to 4820-49 Street Barrhead. Fill out an Empoyment Application along with your resume.
GFR Ingredients Inc is a premier manufacturer of plant-based food ingredients, located in Barrhead, Alberta, just one hour and twenty minutes northwest of Edmonton, Alberta.
We are looking to hire Production Workers for our team.
Job Duties (Including but not limited to):
- Mixing different ingredients into various product vessels with accuracy.
- Maintain and Monitor critical control points of the process.
- Operate production equipment.
- Operate packaging equipment.
- Carry out basic quality and testing checks.
- Accurately complete process documents and paperwork.
- Maintain an extremely clean and organized work area, according to CFIA Standards.
- Using lifting equipment and forklift trucks to move product around the facility.
Terms of Employment:
- Permanent Full-time.
- Employees must live locally in Barrhead, AB
- New employees are subject to a three-month probationary period.
Language of Work: Exemplary English
Wage: $19.00 per hour to $22.00 per hour
Shifts: Four shifts on, four shifts off. Rotating day and night shifts. This is a set shift, and not negotiable.
Benefits Package Offered: Fully paid comprehensive benefit package upon completion of a 3-month probation period.
Location of Work: Barrhead, Alberta, Canada
Contact information: Apply in Person Only to GFR Ingredients, 4820 49 Street, Barrhead
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or Completed GED is required.
- Prior knowledge in the Food Industry an asset, but not required.
- Prior knowledge and experience in food or other manufacturing environment an asset, but not required.
- HMIS & other safety/extra tickets are an asset.
- Must possess strong organizational and detail orientated skills.
- Must be both an excellent Team Player with a diverse team as well as be able to work alone while unsupervised, maintaining a high level of professionalism and a positive attitude.
- A fast learner with excellent time management skills.
- Very adaptable with the ability to adjust and quickly determine the best solution in unexpected situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in English.
- Must be able to function efficiently in a high-stress environment.
- Must be punctual, and respectful of the other members of the crew/team you are working with.
- Must be physically fit enough to lift and carry heavy loads of around 50 lbs (22.7 kg).
- Physically healthy and able to work standing/walking for 12-hour periods.
- NO allergies or medical conditions that prevent the use of a respirator or masks.
- Must be willing and able to wear and use all required PPE & work in a hot/cold and wet environment.
We value our employees and provide a respectful, safe and supportive work environment!
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply with a resume in person only.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $19.00-$22.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you speak, read and understand English at an exemplary level?
- Do you currently reside in Barrhead County?
- How does the ad instruct you to apply for this position?
Work Location: In person