JOB TITLE: RPN (Registered Practical Nurse)- NAPANEE
We support wellness and work-life harmony. Family Owned, Family Values.
Crown Ridge Health Care Services Inc. operates The Riverine Retirement home, located in Napanee, Ontario. The Riverine is home to 49 residents and employs more than 40 employees.
We are passionate about our Mission statement “Embracing Life's Journey" for our residents and employees.
As a Family Owned and Operated Employer, we are committed to our employee’s well-being and encourage a lifestyle that promotes wellness and work-life harmony.
We follow a ‘People’ focused approach supporting our residents, employees, and visitors through our CROWN values.
Creative. Respect. Outstanding. Welcoming. Nurturing.
Our team is currently hiring a:
Registered Practical Nurse
If you are energetic about working with a team that is committed to a collaborative team approach, join us!
What will you do.
- Medication and Treatment Administration
- Interaction with residents, families, and visitors
- Resident Assessment and Intervention
- Maintain clinical quality assurance
- Directs, assigns, and evaluates the work of the PSWs/HCAs
- Liaises with the physician, other health care professionals, and agencies as required.
- A commitment to the mission, vision, values, philosophy, objectives, and policies of the home
What will you need.
- Completion of an approved Registered Practical Nursing Program
- Active and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Vulnerable sector check that is less than 6 months old at the time of hire
- TB test steps 1 and 2
- Experience working with geriatrics, long-term care, or home services is an asset
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification
- Become a member of the multidisciplinary team
- Availability every other weekend off- FT and PT
- Good communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally always
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills in MS Word, Excel, e-mail, internet use, and computerized documentation.
- Good organizational, time management, and prioritizing skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
What we offer.
- Competitive pay with the opportunity to grow
- Exceptional health benefits for permanent part-time and full-time for you and your family
- Employee Assistance Program
- Exclusive employee discount program
- Funded professional development opportunities may be available
- Flexible scheduling may be available depending on the position
- Mentoring programs for career development
- Set up to succeed in your role with a detailed onboarding and training process
- Free parking
We are dedicated to making our homes comfortable, enjoyable, and secure places to work. Everyone is welcome and you can be yourself. We are looking to add to our outstanding team as soon as possible.
We no longer require all current and new staff, students, volunteers, and contracted health care providers to be vaccinated against COVID although our home. Must adhere to COVID protocols including hand hygiene and wearing of mask, testing requirements.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: From $25.32 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Greater Napanee, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- LPN/RPN (preferred)
- CPR Certification (preferred)
Work Location: In person