Housekeepers are responsible for ensuring all guest rooms in the complex are properly cleaned and left tidy.
Job duties of this position include:
- Cleaning and disinfecting wash basins, counter tops, toilets, mirrors, tubs, and showers.
- Washing and drying glass surfaces.
- Loading dishwashers and putting away clean dishes and cutlery.
- Washing and drying other items such as pots and pans.
- Emptying and cleaning trash containers.
- Dusting furniture and fixtures.
- Vacuuming carpets and upholstery, moving furniture when required.
- Making up beds and changing linens as required.
- Replace dirty linen and used amenities in bathrooms.
- Sweeping, and mopping floors.
- Restocking room supplies such as glassware, coffee, and writing supplies.
- Checking all appliances are in working order and reporting any deficiencies.
- Checking vacant rooms and reporting or performing any required touch ups.
- Assist with cleaning the public areas, washrooms and elevators when required.
- Realign furniture and amenities according to prescribed layout.
- Respond to guest requests for additional items.
- Removing room service items.
- Observe and report damage of hotel property.
- Other duties as assigned.
Prerequisites: Previous customer service and housekeeping experience is an asset. Must be available to work a flexible schedule including overtime when required. Successful applicants must be able to bend, lift, push and pull with ease. This is a very physical and demanding position requiring lifting 25 lbs and pushing up to 50 lbs.
Education: No education required.
Experience: No experience required we can train.
Benefits & Perks:
- The wage and increase is based on a collective agreement.
- We have a comprehensive group plan after 6 months of full-time employment.
- Our company provides discounts at all sister properties, in Canmore, Calgary, and Whistler.
- There is a referral bonus program where you can earn up to $500 per referral.
- Summer bonus program
- Wellness program
We provide fully furnished subsidized shared accommodation for only $25/day. The units consist of houses with 2-3 bedrooms. All units are equipped with shared bathrooms, kitchens, and in-suite laundry. All bedrooms and living rooms are fully furnished with the essentials, including free internet and cable. Occupancy in the units is limited to ensure a comfortable living environment.
Clique Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $21.32 per hour
- Commuter benefits
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Retention bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Whistler, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Cleaning: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location