Job Title: Coffee Roaster
Location: Concord, ON
Major Intersection: Langstaff Rd & Connie Crescent
Pay Rate: $22/hour
Shift: 10:00am - 6:30pm
Shift Days: Monday – Friday
Start Date: ASAP
The Roaster under minimal supervision is responsible for operating all roasting and associated equipment to ensure all green beans are roasted according to Company specifications.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Prepare roasters and blending system for requested production.
· Familiar with all relevant procedures as outlined in the Systems Documentation / Production work instructions. Specific care should be given to Roaster Fire safety, Organic procedures and cleaning procedures.
· Provide samples to QC lab and report any out of spec conditions.
· At the end of shift ensure all machinery parts are cleaned as per company specifications.
· Assist with material handling (bring raw materials to production area).
· Assist the Volpak team, including wrapping pallets during the assembly runs if required.
· Adhere to GMP, GDP, all Food Safety and QA practices.
· Completion of high school diploma and/or equivalent.
· Minimum 1 year of experience working in a manufacturing and/or production environment.
· Must have knowledge of coffee bean properties to ensure accurate and high quality coffee is produced
· Food and beverage experience strongly preferred.
· Working in cool and/or hot temperatures within the warehouse.
· Must be able to tolerate hot temperatures and smoking environment from roasted beans and associated equipment.
· Must be able to tolerate coffee dust and noise levels above 90 decibels.
· Must have physical strength adequate to lift 35 lbs.
· Must have physical strength adequate to handle sacks of green beans weighing 75 kg.
· Must be able to handle drums weighing up to 100 kg.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Food manufacturing (required)
Work Location: In person