K2 Stone Quarries is seeking a Inventory/Sales Forklift Operator to join its production team. The ideal candidate for this position must be motivated, enjoy working in a fast pace environment, and have exemplary time management and safety awareness. Preference will be given to applicants with experiencing operating forklifts in a production-oriented industry.
This position is full-time, permanent, with overtime available.
(Note: Reliable transportation is needed as we are not accessible by transit.)
Benefits of Employment – Why work at K2 Stone?
- Consistent, year-round employment
- RRSP matching plan
- Excellent group benefits plan with 100% employer-paid health & dental premiums
- Short-term and Long-term disability plan
- Priority access to Telus Health Virtual Care (access to a Doctor 24 hours a day/365 days a year)
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- 1, 5, & 10-year service awards
- Annual boot allowance
- Employee referral program ($500 bonus for you every time you refer a new employee to K2)
Compensation ranges from $22 - $24 per hour based upon experience.
Job responsibilities include:
- Forklift operations with opportunities to operator a small loader
- Inventory Management
- Putting inventory away
- Pulling inventory for orders
- Unloading/loading trucks
- Strapping and crating freight
- General Yard Maintenance
- Mowing lawns
- Weed whacking
- Exterior cleaning
- Local pickups of parts and consumables
- Comfortable working outside in all weather conditions
- Operating safely and in accordance with company policies
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum job requirements include:
- Forklift operating experience;
- Excellent verbal communication skills;
- And a strong ability to multi task, and manage time effectively.
Interested candidates are encouraged to stop by our production facility at 930 Maughan Rd in Nanaimo and fill out an application.
K2 Stone quarries, processes and distributes natural stone products for interior and exterior building applications. As both the quarrier and distributor, K2 Stone is able to uphold industry-leading quality standards and provide an unmatched level of customization. We have 4 quarries and a production facility where we manufacture our products.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00-$24.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Are you currently located in the Nanaimo area?
- We are not accessible by public transit. Do you have reliable transportation?
- Forklift: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person