We are looking for a qualified site glazing foreman for our jobs in Vancouver, BC. This is a full-time position from Monday to Friday – 40 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate project labour requirements and prepare work schedules
- Supervise and coordinate all daily activities of the installation crew on site
- Manage all installation administration activities, including timekeeping, material and equipment use and safety reporting
- Operate site equipment such as cranes, zoom booms, and other lifts
- Load and unload curtain wall systems and supplies
- Read blueprints
- Installation of curtainwall systems, doors, skylights, and storefront systems
- Inspect systems for quality control
- Adhere to all site safety requirements
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Completion of Glazier Apprenticeship program. Journeyman Red Seal Glazier Certification and a minimum of 1 year Curtainwall Installation Site Foreman Experience
The following would be considered an asset: WHMIS, Fall Protection, Forklift Certification, Zoom Boom Certification.
Essential Knowledge & Skills: Highly organized, good verbal and written communication skills. Efficient time management skills. Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy. Strong work ethic and positive team attitude. Able to read blueprints and shop drawings.
Outdoors in all temperatures, working at heights, safety sensitive work sites. Physically demanding: heavy lifting, standing, bending, kneeling. Work site – Construction which requires full PPE: hard hats, CSA steel toed boots, safety glasses/goggles, high viz,
RELATIONSHIPS: Ability to build good rapport with both internal and external stakeholders including, but not limited to: Clients, other sub-trades, site project coordinators / managers, production coordinators, site foreman and superintendent.
CONFIDENTIALITY: Adhere to the Company’s confidentiality agreement.
TEAM WORK: Each individual must have the ability to adapt and support the needs of the dynamic working environment in the field - each employee is a member of a single team with a unified strategy working towards the same goal.
- Competitive Foreman Rate: $40 - $45/Hour depending on experience
- Health and Dental Benefits after eligibility period of 300 hours
- Comprehensive Benefit Package which includes: extended health, vision, and dental benefits plan, Life Insurance, LTD
- Company matched RRSP contributions
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $40.00-$44.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Glazing: 5 years (preferred)
- Glazing Foreman: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person