As a Job Developer, you will assist the person served in finding employment and connecting with the work community by researching, identifying and soliciting commitments from possible sources of employment as well as self employment and job carving opportunities. Through the use of outreach and marketing strategies, you will create and maintain relationships with prospective employers throughout the community in an attempt to find the best possible conditions for employment.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate and conduct marketing and outreach activities to community agencies, organizations and employers.
2. Develop relationships with employers in a variety of industries to ensure successful job development for persons served.
3. Promote communication with persons served and their support network to gain input and direction and ensure quality service and avoid tested fields.
4. Create job seeker profiles, resumes and proposals.
5. Locate job openings for people served based on their individual skills and abilities.
6. Develop self employment strategies if it is the best option.
7. Conduct intakes of potential participants and assess skills and abilities through a discovery process.
8. Work with participants on an individual basis regarding their job search progress and activities.
9. Remain current on Comox Valley labour market trends and the most effective job search strategies and techniques.
10. Complete reports and documentation on activities as required – employer contact spreadsheet, community development activities spreadsheet, person served files.
11. Attend meetings as required.
12. Attend community functions and speak to local business groups.
13. Plan and deliver service delivery activities to meet the CLBC contact deliverables associated with the contract for the person served.
14. Undertake other tasks as assigned.
Education/ Experience: The following qualifications are preferred and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience may be accepted.
· Human Service Worker Certificate or Diploma, or equivalent.
· Experience with Marketing and Networking.
· Experience and education in business management.
· 3 - 6 months prior job related experience working with people with disabilities (paid or volunteer).
· First-aid and CPR
· Class 5 BC Drivers License and a vehicle
Required Skills and Abilities:
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong networking skills and community knowledge.
· Ability to provide a calm, healthy, positive role model to people served.
· Ability to problem solve and devise creative solutions to challenges.
· Ability to deal effectively with stressful situations and to remain calm in difficult situations while ensuring everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
· Ability to work as a productive and interactive team member.
· Ability to recognize aspects of a person served's life that requires support and assistance.
· Ability to deal effectively and calmly in crisis situations.
· Basic knowledge of program development and implementation.
· Knowledge of a variety of work environments is beneficial.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of all safety aspects when supporting individuals.
· Basic computer knowledge.
· Knowledge of, and skill in a variety of employment settings.
·Requirements prior to working alone with a person served:
·Consent to a Criminal Record Check
·Clearance Letter from the Criminal Records Review Program stating, “No criminal record was found for the purpose of working with vulnerable adults”.
·Additional requirements and information:
·Clear TB test
We believe that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make services better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Our goal is to ensure at every interaction all are welcome, comfortable, and safe.
At Pacific Coast Community Resources, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $21.63-$25.19 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- community services: 1 year (preferred)
- class five licence (preferred)