Before You Apply, Please Note:
- Do Not Call: We kindly request that you refrain from making phone inquiries regarding your application status. We will only contact candidates who have been shortlisted for further consideration.
- Local Candidates: To be eligible for this position, applicants must reside locally within our specified area.
- In-Person Interview: Qualified candidates should be prepared to attend an in-person interview at our head office, conveniently located in Maple Ridge, BC.
- Pre-Screening Questions: Please complete all the pre-screening questions; Your application won't be considered otherwise.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in adhering to these guidelines. Thank you for your interest in joining our team.
Jewel Welding Fabrication and Coatings Ltd., is seeking for a Maintenance Mechanic to join the team in Maple Ridge and at various project sites around the Province. This is a full-time, year-round position with plenty of opportunity for overtime. Reliable transportation is required as we are not accessible by transit.
Jewel is a company built on and dedicated to its values of family, growth, dedication, diversity, and respect. Our ideal candidate fits well within our team-oriented culture and is looking for a long-term, fulfilling career supported by an organization that has like-minded ideals.
Benefits of Employment – Why work at Jewel?
- Opportunities for growth - Jewel supports trades training and is able to sponsor employees through job-related apprenticeships.
- Year-round, full-time work
- Group health/dental benefits after 3 months
- Paid vacation time
- Interesting and challenging variety of work.
- Supportive, respectful, and forward-thinking leadership team that values employee input and ideas.
The Maintenance Mechanic will perform tasks involving installing, repairing, and maintaining machinery and equipment. The Maintenance Mechanic's responsibilities include performing regular inspections of machinery and equipment, carrying out preventative maintenance, and fulfilling other duties such as building maintenance as assigned. Working closely with the Equipment Manager, the Maintenance Mechanic will build and maintain mechanical systems, and involve the use of a variety of hand and power tools at various project sites throughout BC.
- $28 to $36 per hour, depending on experience and qualifications.
- High school diploma.
- 3+ years of experience as a maintenance mechanic or in a similar role.
- Trade or vocational school graduation. Red seal preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability.
- Physical dexterity.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Safe lifting and handling procedures.
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
- Must possess a valid Driver's license.
- Must be willing to work out of town as needed.
- Strong working mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to a work schedule.
- Must be physically fit with the ability to lift heavy objects, walk, and stand for long periods of time, perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions, and keep up a fast pace.
Jewel Welding Fabrication and Coatings Ltd., is a privately-owned company based in Maple Ridge, BC. Located on the Fraser River, our fabrication and coatings facility produces customized pipeline welding solutions for our clients including fabrication, spooling, alloy welding, and specialty coatings.
Thank you for considering a career opportunity with The Hazelwood Group. We appreciate your interest in joining our team. Before you proceed with your application, please take note of the following important points:
Application Submission: The submission of your resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Our hiring process is designed to identify the most qualified candidates who align with our organization's needs.
Minimum Requirements: We encourage qualified applicants to apply for our open positions. However, to be considered, you must meet the minimum requirements related to the skills and qualifications specified in the job posting.
Legally Entitled to Work in Canada: Please be aware that you must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply for a position with The Hazelwood Group. Our organization does not possess a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support the hiring of foreign workers.
Acknowledgment: We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants in pursuing career opportunities with The Hazelwood Group. However, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regret that only those candidates selected for an interview will receive a response to their application.
We look forward to considering your application if you meet the qualifications for our current job openings. Your interest in our organization is valued, and we wish you success in your job search.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.00-$36.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you currently located in the Vancouver Lower Mainland Region?
- We are not accessible by public transit. Do you have reliable transportation?
- Please include your email address if it is not currently on your resume.
- What's your availability to come in for an interview?
- When could you start?
- Maintenance Mechanic: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person