Cheakamus Centre’s mission is to provide exceptional environmental and Indigenous cultural learning experiences on its 165-ha ecological preserve located in Brackendale. The sales and events team hosts events year-round with facility rental proceeds directly supporting Cheakamus Centre’s conservation activities and outdoor education programs for children and youth.
The Sales & Events Manager (SEM) contributes to the overall success of Cheakamus Centre by providing superior customer service and ensuring the profitability and success of group events. Working closely with the Facility and Operations Manager and sales team, the SEM is responsible for developing the annual sales budget, and creating and implementing marketing and social media programs to grow retreat, camp, weddings and catering business. The SEM supervises and mentors the Sales & Administrative Coordinator and the Events Coordinator, and ensures individual and team goals are met and exceeded. The SEM plays a key role in revenue generation through prospecting new contract business in target markets, and optimizing all opportunities to promote Cheakamus Centre in a proactive and professional manner.
Reports to Facilities & Operations Manager
Direct Reports: Sales and Administrative Coordinator, Events Coordinator
HOURS AND OFFICE LOCATION:
Job assignment will require working varied hours including some day and evening shifts, weekends, and holidays. Generally, the office hours will be 8:30am- 4:30pm, based out of Cheakamus Centre in Brackendale, BC. Office hours and location may be flexible, as determined with Facilities & Operations Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- First point of contact for all facility rentals including weddings, retreats, corporate clients, and on/off site catering
- Create the annual sales budget and sales and marketing initiatives. Update internal documents and procedures to ensure the sales team has the necessary tools to achieve these goals.
- Identify and attend industry events and participate in outreach activities to key markets
- Network with local and regional organizations using outreach, cold calls, correspondence, meetings and presentations in order to solicit business.
- Reply to RFP’s in a timely and professional manner; maximizing revenues through optimizing available space in booking calendar
- Provide facility tours and negotiate contracts with potential clients; prepare quotes, proposals and contracts based on the clients’ needs and available space
- Maintain CRM database and track Group Sales leads, inquiries, lost business, and sales revenue; provide ongoing status reports to sales team.
- Lead weekly sales meeting
- Compile monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reports
- Audit and update social media channels, website, CRM and other key digital marketing and communication tools
- Work with Sales & Administrative Coordinator and Events Coordinator to set individual and group goals in executing events and exceeding clients expectations
- Recruit, train, coach and mentor sales and events staff to build and retain an engaged team
- Actively participate in community and professional organizations (local chamber of commerce, destination marketing organization, business improvement association etc.) representing and promoting Cheakamus Centre’s work
- Other related duties as required
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Two to five years of progressive hospitality sales and/or event management experience
- Excellent computer skills including advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Solid skills and previous experience with web-based customer relationship management software
- Excellent communication and service skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced environment
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and leadership skills
- Commitment to Cheakamus Centre’s mission, vision, values, and goals (www.cheakamuscentre.ca/about-us/overview)
We thank you for your interest in employment with Cheakamus Centre. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brackendale, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Sales: 2 years (required)
Work Location: One location