Nu-west Construction Product is the largest Canadian distributors of commercial and industrial construction products. Nu-west has quadrupled in size over the past two years and looking for a Warehouse Operator to growth with 35,000 sqf warehouse facility in North Burnaby. The warehouse operator will be reporting into Branch Manager and will oversee all operations of the warehouse in terms of the safety, productivity, and efficiency of warehouse operations.
- Plan the daily work schedule by reviewing existing work orders, arrival notices and instruction from customers representing all products.
- Loading and unloading freight trucks.
- Filling inbound and outbound orders.
- High skill on operating forklift – regularly performing checks to reporting deficiencies.
- Understand and follow procedures/policies for all Transload operations.
- Review pending jobs or trends, plan for reorganization of warehouse space, and needed changes in level of supplies, equipment or staffing needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years in warehouse environment
- Shipping/receiving experience
- Able to work well independently
- Proficient with computer/ ERP
- Forklift Certificate for counterbalance or reach truck
- Safety conscious and promote safety awareness
- A high school diplomas
- Strong mathematical skills
- Competitive salary
- Group benefits package
- 3 weeks vacation
- Yearly bonus sharing
Hour Rate : $22.50 per hour
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $22.50 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burnaby, BC V5A 3A2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- warehouse: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person