Hiring a Journeyman or Apprentice Plumber/Gas fitter/HVAC.
Vulcan Mechanical is an up and coming, full service mechanical contractor with lots of room to grow. Our expertise is in service, preventative maintenance, and troubleshooting of Light Industrial and Commercial buildings in the Fraser Valley. At Vulcan Mechanical we pride ourselves on our family like work environment that fosters growth and creates opportunities for our team members. We invest in our people and our processes to streamline operations and provide our team members with opportunities for advancement and professional development. As a result we are able to provide high quality service and support across the board.
Why Choose Vulcan Mechanical?
At Vulcan Mechanical we value our employees and are always looking for ways to offer opportunities for growth and advancement within the company. We are a welcoming team looking for people wanting to grow with us and build a lifelong career. We understand the needs of our technicians and customers and strive to provide excellent support to both.
Highlighted below are a few more reasons for choosing Vulcan Mechanical:
- We are a great place to grow your career
- Free Canucks tickets every year!
- Everyone gets Tuition Reimbursement
- Competitive wage
- Vacation pay
- Uniform provided
- A uniform allowance (ex. work boots/work pants)
- Benefits that start immediately
- Stable full time work
- Lots of Overtime available
- Company vehicle provided
- Dispatched from home
- Gas card provided
- Company credit card provided
- Paid every 2nd Friday
- Referral bonus
- Ongoing training and educational opportunities
- Support from a well trained, experienced, dispatch team who is ready to problem solve and provide support to each other as needed to ensure success.
- Sturgeon fishing and golfing trips throughout the year.
- All work outside of normal hours is Overtime. So you can take a Friday off and work Saturday to get the Overtime benefit.
What we want you to have:
- Ability to follow safe work procedures in the facilities.
- Ability to use Propress and solder if needed.
- Be able to thread pipe.
- Repair and replace relief valves on boilers, HWTs, storage tanks;
- Run PVC, copper, or Metal pipes.
- Basic water piping skills;
Even better if you have experience with:
- Troubleshooting and repair heating systems (pressure and temperature issues), high-rise domestic water systems, and domestic water boiler;
- Draining and charging expansion tanks;
- Troubleshooting and repairing pumps for domestic water and closed loop systems (ie. changing couplers and amping pumps);
- Institutional water and heating systems (ie. layout of systems including domestic and heating zones);
- Troubleshooting and repairing 3” and 4” PRV ;
- Diagnosing cross connections for both hot and cold systems;
- Basic electrical knowledge / troubleshooting skills;
- Reading and understand blueprints;
- Troubleshooting of sump pumps experiencing issues (ie. amping pumps, variety of panel knowledge & troubleshoot, float setup);
- Being the lead technician for boiler installs and retrofits (heating and domestic);
- Repairing and replace of commercial storage tanks;
- Basic knowledge on steam systems;
- Accessing, comprehend and manipulate building automations systems;
- Quoting labor and material for repairs;
- Commissioning and start up of boilers;
- Attending any plumbing call;
- Quoting labor and material for repairs and boiler retrofits.
Your Qualifications, Experience, and Abilities
- 4+ years experience indentured Plumber
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license (class 7 considered with a booked road test)
- Clean Driving Record
- Ability to think on your feet, multitask, and problem solve
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to lead and train as required
- Willing to provide references upon request
- Boiler, electrical or controls experience preferred
Reminder: This application process is strictly confidential. Vulcan Mechanical will not contact any current or past employers for reference information without your permission.
For immediate questions regarding this position please call 778-552-7757.
Vulcan Mechanical is proud of their inclusive and diverse workplace, we are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
*Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.*
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Ability to work independently, proactively in a busy fast paced environment.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Backflow ticket with knowledge on testing and repairing backflows (preferred)
- Class B Gas ticket (preferred)
- Red seal ticket (preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.00-$50.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person