This role is responsible for helping those who have been affected by fire or flood damage by rebuilding and restoring areas of homes back to their original state. Our reconstruction team is looking for individuals who are skilled in or looking to cross train in any of the following: drywall, painting, ceiling texture & installation or carpentry. We welcome apprentices - we are willing to train the right person in all aspects of our work!
Wages between $25-$30/hour, depending on experience.
If you have any of these skills, we will teach you the rest…
Drywall: This includes hanging, patch work, mudding and taping at a two-foot cut out and being able to complete texture blends.
Painting: Residential and/or commercial painting.
Carpentry: Installing kitchens, bathrooms, exteriors, sub-floors and framing, rough/finished and trim carpentry, sub-floors, baseboards, casings, closets, doors, windows and cabinets. We also hire apprentices looking to work alongside experienced Carpenters and who may want to work towards their Red Seal ticket (we are registered with the ITA).
We invest in your future. Tuition reimbursement program, career advancement and training opportunities to get you to the next step in your career! Canstar is registered with the ITA and supports 100% reimbursement for carpenter apprentices looking to gain their Red Seal.
Why join the Canstar Restorations team?
Canstar is a Canadian restoration company, owned and operated since we opened in 1985. We have branches both in BC and in AB. Canstar focuses on helping people after experiencing a fire, flood or other structural trauma to their home/business.
We love taking part in community events and are pleased to help our furry friends by sponsoring the BCSPCA. We pride ourselves as being the best in the restoration industry by providing excellent service, prioritizing safety, and delivering a very high level of quality work to our customers.
We take good care of our team too! We like to have fun and celebrate our success with things like popcorn Fridays and an annual visit to Playland for staff and their families!
- The physical ability to bend, reach, lift 50 pounds safely and repeatedly and stand throughout your shift
- A driver’s license and personal truck/cargo van/minivan or vehicle large enough to transport 4x8 sheets of drywall and to attend jobsites is a must (generous monthly vehicle allowance is provided)
- An eagerness to bulk your paycheck with overtime hours as we are a 24/7 emergency services company, and all positions will have a component of on-call work on a rotational basis
- A great attitude and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done and serve our customers
- The ability to wear personal protective equipment to keep you safe on site, including a respirator. Facial hair that will allow you to wear a respirator safely is limited to a clean shave, a moustache and/or a small goatee
- We enter people’s homes and drive company vehicles, so a clean criminal record as it relates to work and a driver’s abstract with only minor infractions is required
Coquitlam, BC with travel throughout the Lower Mainland. Job sites are mostly indoors.
Typical hours are 7:30am-4:00pm. Rotating on-call schedule to attend after hour emergencies, which means good overtime hours and pay for our team
How to apply…
If you want to be a Reconstruction Technician, are looking to be part of a fantastic team and would like to take the next step in your career, send us your resume by applying here today!
Agencies: Please do not contact us about this position.
We celebrate equality and diversity in the workplace. Our commitment is to ensure equity in employment, and we affirm and welcome applicants from all backgrounds of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and age, except as prescribed by law.
Keywords: drywall, paint, painting, restoration, carpentry, carpenter, trade, trades, apprentice, labour, demolition, mudding, taping, redseal