We are looking for our next great colleague to take on the role of Front Desk Agent. Are you guest focused, enthusiastic, and passionate about delivering outstanding guest service? Interested in working with a supportive team and creating unforgettable guest experiences? Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront is the place you want to work.
- Provide guests with a sincere, welcoming interaction at the Front Desk.
- Answer all guest calls (questions, reservations, concerns) in a professional and timely manner.
- Create a seamless experience for our guests during their stay or over the phone.
- Anticipate and delivering on our guests’ needs.
- Able to speak with confidence about hotel amenities, rates and promotions.
- Provide information about local offerings.
- Take the initiative to resolve any guests’ concerns with tact and professionalism.
- Document any guest requests or complaints and notify appropriate departments for follow up.
- Accurately process all cash, debit and credit transactions.
- Assist guests with making or extending reservations.
- Provide support to switchboard as needed. Flexibility to cross train in other Front Office classifications to support team, e.g. night audit.
- Performing additional duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications:
- High school diploma / G.E.D. equivalent.
- Proficient working knowledge of computer software and Microsoft Suite. Opera and HotSOS experience is considered an asset.
- Fluent English language skills; both written and verbal.
- Team player with proven ability to multi-task and build relationships.
- Previous experience in a hotel is considered an asset.
- Highly organized with attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must already possess necessary documentation to work legally in Canada.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $21.14-$28.19 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Customer service: 1 year (required)
- Hotel: 1 year (required)
- Front Desk Clerk: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person