Not just a job...
You’ll experience them all at London Drugs. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing and most successful retail chains, we know what it takes to build a satisfying career. We are seeking innovative, customer focused people to join our team! We currently have opportunities for:
Pharmacy Assistant - Part Time
London Drugs means many things to many people. As a London Drugs Pharmacy Assistant, it means a community-oriented working environment that fosters professional excellence. Pharmacy Assistants are provided with a working environment that stresses professionalism. You will be given the tools and opportunity to practice your profession in a well designed pharmacy, which helps optimize patient care.
You will be responsible for assisting the Pharmacists and Pharmacy Manager with daily operations of the Pharmacy Department. Duties will include customer service, servicing the front counter, cashier duties, telephone inquiries and general housekeeping duties. Additionally, you will operate the pharmacy computer and assist in the processing of prescriptions and preparation of prescriptions. Other responsibilities will include involvement of ordering and receiving drug orders and management of the pharmacy inventory. If you are looking for a challenging position in retail pharmacy and have the professionalism, commitment to excellence and drive to join our team, London Drugs is the place for you.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Good interpersonal skills when dealing with customers, staff, & management.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-starter with a high level of enthusiasm.
- Ability to relate to all levels of customers and their needs.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Ability to work as a team player and have a team approach
- Basic computer skills.
- Previous Pharmacy experience preferable.
We offer advancement opportunities through our promote-from-within policies, salaries commensurate with experience, as well as the potential to earn bonuses. We offer a comprehensive benefits program including:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, prescription drug and vision coverage available with service for you and your family (Ensuring you and your family are taken care of)
- Company matched RRSPs (Helping you plan for your future)
- Employee Discount Program (Sharing our success)
- Ongoing In-House Training & Education Courses (Lifelong learning)
- Employee Family Assistance Program (Free confidential counselling)
Applicants should be available to work a flexible schedule, Monday to Sunday.
If you possess the necessary skills and expertise and would like to join an exciting team of professionals,
London Drugs welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process.
We are an equal opportunity employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Be advised, London Drugs DOES NOT use third party recruitment services.
London Drugs may collect, use, and/or disclose your personal information (including the information in this application) where it is reasonable for establishing, managing or terminating an employment relationship. This includes the use or disclosure of your personal information to persons inside or external to our organization, for the purpose of checking references or gathering other information to support an assessment of your candidacy.
To protect yourself, do not respond to unsolicited job offers from individuals or e-mail addresses, and never disclose any sensitive details about your identity (including personal or financial) to anyone you do not know or trust or on any unverified website, or website you do not trust.