About Shearwater: Now under the ownership of the Heiltsuk people of Bella Bella, Shearwater Resort and Marina is located on Denny Island, British Columbia. The Resort is the heart of Heiltsuk Territory. We offer services such as the Cedar lodge Hotel, Fisherman’s Bar and Grill, Shipyard facilities, Marine Store, Spa packages, and a Grocery Store.
- Control and evaluate the operation of our financial department.
- Develop and implement the financial policies, systems and procedures of our establishment.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, summaries, and other cost-benefit analyses and financial management reports.
- Coordinate the financial planning and budget process and analyze and correct estimates.
- Supervise the development and implementation of financial simulation models.
- Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting procedures and investment activities and make recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets and other financial control functions to senior managers and other department or regional managers.
- Recruit, organize, train and manage staff.
- Act as liaison between the organization and its shareholders, the investing public and external financial analysts.
- Establish profitability standards for investment activities and handle mergers and/or acquisitions.
- Notify and report to senior management concerning any trends that are critical to the organization's financial performance.
- Month End Reconciliations, bank and pos systems.
- 5 years experience in an accounting position or related field is an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (preferred)
- Is a CPA member (preferred)
- Proficient in using Excel.
- Familiar with Sage Accounting, and comfortable with POS systems.
- Health and dental after 3 months of employment
- Resort points program
$70,000 - $75,000 annually
Denny Island, BC Canada (Relocation required)
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Denny Island, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Accounting: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person