The Langley Concrete Group has an immediate opportunity for a seasoned accounting professional to join our Finance team in the role of Controller.
The Langley Concrete Group is British Columbia’s leading provider of precast concrete products for infrastructure and urban development, storm water management and custom precast solutions. Communities are built on the products we manufacture.
One of our key goals is to provide a good place to work. To treat people as we would desire to be treated and recognize people for their contribution. Any enterprise is only successful through the commitment, cooperation and efforts of people. We appreciate our employees and do the best we can to extend our company's success in a way that affects a tangible reward to each employee.
Based in our Langley BC head office, the Controller position’s prime focus is to ensure we provide well organized, efficient and effective cost reporting, feedback and support to the production, sales, marketing and distribution functions of the Group.
Reporting to the CFO, the Controller is responsible for managing the financial operations of the Langley Concrete Group and providing timely, relevant and accurate information to the shareholders and CFO. Working closely with the President, VP of Manufacturing, CFO and ownership group, the Controller ensures that the company maintains its responsibilities and agreements with suppliers and customers alike while seeking opportunities to identify waste and to optimize reporting and operational functions.
The qualifications and personal characteristics necessary for success in this role include:
- Professional designation such as the chartered professional accountant (CPA) designation or equivalent.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience with diverse and increasing senior accounting responsibilities.
- Strong analytical skills and a desire to identify the underlying factors in financial outcomes.
- Experience providing accounting support in a high volume, short lead time manufacturing environment.
- Advanced computer skills including a keen understanding of ERP systems and a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel. Familiarity with SYSPRO would be a definite asset.
- Excellent English language reading, writing, speaking and listening skills that support effective communication and the compilation, preparation and concise delivery of management information.
- An ability to effectively communicate concepts and information to all levels within an organization.
- An open and approachable leadership style with an ability to motivate, mentor and gain the respect of your direct reports.
If you possess the necessary qualifications and are ready for the opportunity to join a growing industry leading employer that takes pride in its people and its performance, we would like to hear from you.
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume to us via e-mail as soon as possible.
We appreciate the interest of every applicant and will review each submission however, we can only contact those candidates selected for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $95,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Langley, BC V3A 4L6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Accounting: 4 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-06-03