Salary range: The salary range for this position is CAD $28.44 - $37.33 / hour Why Fraser Health?:
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. Our team of 45,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Are you passionate about making a difference? Are you innovative, committed, and energized by ever-new challenges and the opportunity to do things differently? Join us on an If you excel at project coordination and administration, we want you to bring your outstanding skills to our team.
As an Administrative Assistant, you will be a key member of our team as you handle the efficient day-to-day functions of the office of the Facilities Management team and provide support in prioritizing items and issues as they arise. You will also provide support to other key staff within the project team, as needed.
We hire great people for great jobs. We are looking for an enthusiast individual who has impressive interpersonal skills. You thrive in a dynamic environment and enjoy working with a team of dedicated professionals.
Build on your career experience as you:
Provide administrative support that respects the confidentiality and sensitivity of the work and ensure that administrative matters are organized and dealt with in a professional manner.
Arrange meetings as directed and resolve scheduling conflicts and issues. Book and set up meeting rooms, prepare meeting agenda, organize meeting materials, record and prepare minutes of meeting.
Craft reports, correspondence, presentation materials, spreadsheets and memos.
Work independently and communicate with internal and external partners within the organization
Coordinate the flow of information to ensure accurate and timely delivery of administrative services
We are seeking a bright, pleasant person with an eye for detail. Are you able to juggle numerous tasks in a busy environment and conduct business in a professional manner? You like helping people and you display excellent communication skills.
You will take a meticulous, hands-on approach to deliver high quality and precise work. A methodical approach is critical, to complete routine day to day tasks, and manage changing calendars, priorities, and timelines. You will carry a high standard of integrity, discretion, and confidentiality.
Are you motivated to join our team? We will be looking for you to have the following:
Grade 12 graduation plus graduation from recognized administrative or secretarial program
Recent five (5) years’ recent, related experience, including a minimum of (1) year supervisory experience in progressively more responsible office management position.
Proficiency with use of Microsoft programs like Word, Excel and Outlook , Power Point
Proficiency with SharePoint, eConnect and Meditech will be considered an asset
Demonstrated ability to work independently, use initiative and judgment
Experience with minute taking and demonstrated ability to multi-task
This regular full-time position is based at our Central City office located in Surrey, BC.
Effective October 26, 2021, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, here are reasons why you should apply:
A career with Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team of experts in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Apply today so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. We value diversity in the work force and aim to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
Oversees the efficient day-to-day functioning of the office and administrative support services to the Chief Facilities Management Officer or Chief Project Officer and Executive Director; provides guidance and direct supervision to designated clerical staff by recruiting, evaluating and training and liaises with colleagues in other departments regarding management of these areas and general office procedures; coordinates the flow of information through the department and provides administrative support by prioritizing items and issues as they arise for the attention of the Chief Facilities Management Officer or Chief Project Officer and Executive Director; ensures accurate and timely delivery of administrative services, follows up on issues requiring action and establishes and maintains office efficiency; liaises with managers and staff of various departments to address and facilitate administrative/operational issues and resolve problems; interacts with consultants, contractors, user groups and Ministry of Health Services for the purposes of sharing information and following up on requests; provides relief for other Administrative Assistants within Facilities Management, as required.
- Provides consultation, guidance and direct supervision to designated administrative support team members by establishing clear definitions of responsibility, reviewing workload assignments and adjusting schedules, as necessary to meet operational requirements; determines hiring, orientation and training needs.
- Provides administrative support that respects confidentiality and ensures that administrative matters are organized and dealt with in a professional manner.
- Facilitates effective triaging and prioritization of correspondence, determination of appropriate action and timely follow up, as appropriate.
- Coordinates meetings ensuring well-defined and timely agendas, identification of and notification to interested parties, compiling background information and supporting materials, and preparing packages/summary documents to assist in decision making and meeting facilitation.
- Produces items such as reports, correspondence, presentation materials, spreadsheets and memos; maintains and updates various computer databases and files, as appropriate.
- Creates, sets up and maintains computerized and hard copy project files from planning stage, project cost, approval and completion to closure of the files.
- Prepares and distributes project agreements between consultants and appropriate health organization.
- Ensures appropriate dissemination of information about organizational and/or program/service procedures, processes and the status of issues to internal and external stakeholders.
- Compiles a variety of statistical information on departmental activity such as overtime, quality assurance and work order distribution by gathering information, developing spreadsheet applications, entering correct data into computer and generating reports by applying applicable software templates.
- Coordinates and maintains timekeeping records, vacation entitlements and responds to related queries such as collective agreement requirements.
- Provides direction and guidance to clerical support staff, as needed to ensure administrative needs of the area are met.
- Monitors operating expenditures for departmental accounts including processing requisitions and invoices and initiates corrections for errors and omissions.
- Liaises with vendors and contractors as requested by the Chief Facilities Management Officer or Executive Director to obtain pricing information for required goods or services; reviews quotes prior to placing order and investigate problems as they arise.
- Provides relief for other Administrative Assistants within Facilities Management, as required.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Grade 12, completion of a recognized program/courses in business administration, supplemented with a minimum of five (5) years' recent, related experience, including a minimum of one (1) year supervisory experience in progressively more responsible office management position, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Demonstrates the leadership practices of the Fraser Health Leadership Framework of Clear, Caring and Courageous and creates the conditions for people to succeed.
- Demonstrated supervisory skill to coach and mentor team members
- Comprehensive knowledge of applicable collective agreements
- Broad knowledge of accounting and budgeting principles and practices including purchasing procedures
- Demonstrated judgment, discretion and maturity in handling confidential information and situations
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others both within and outside of the organization
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to organize, plan, prioritize, multi-task, and problem solve
- Ability to work independently using initiative and judgment with minimal direction including demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment including applicable software applications
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position