The Montréal West Island Integrated University Health and Social Services Center (MWI IUHSSC) is actively seeking several full-time Senior Pharmacy Technicians to work at the Grace Dart Extended Care Centre . You will be placed on our recall list and will be filling in as part of a dynamic team.
As part of your duties, the Pharmacy Technical Assistant will be required to:
- Assists in the preparation of oral, topical and parenteral medications using aseptic techniques and established protocols in the preparation and packaging of medications requiring complex pharmaceutical calculations and specialized techniques, such as sterile injectable preparations required in a centralized solution admixture facility (CSF) or equivalent department, parenteral nutrition and antineoplastics;
- Responds to unit requests;
- Performs order entry;
- Utilizes technology to assist the pharmacist in the continuity of pharmacy services;
- Ensures the safe distribution of medications;
- Participates in the implementation of container-content delegation and certain tasks or projects.
By joining us, you will benefit from a multitude of advantages:
- The stability of a full-time job in a large public organization;
- Competitive salary plus bonuses;
- Four (4) weeks of vacation after one year of full-time employment;
- Thirteen (13) statutory vacations and 9.6 sick days for a year of full-time employment;
- Participation, with the employer, in a defined benefit pension plan that ensures a reliable retirement income;
- Group insurance protection (life, health, salary);
- Access for you and your family to a free employee assistance program;
- Access to ongoing training (formal training, supervision, coaching, etc.);
- Numerous internal professional development opportunities.
More than a job, a workplace that encourages your professional and personal growth in a friendly environment!
The desired candidate must have :
- Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS) in pharmacy technical assistance from a school recognized by the Ministère de l'Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport or possess equivalent skills;
- Knowledge of the international system;
- Working knowledge of English and French;
- Knowledge of the Windows environment and the Office suite (Word and Excel);
- Ability to operate a pharmaceutical information system and a drug packaging machine;
- Successful completion of a knowledge test on medical abbreviations, reading and interpretation of prescriptions, pharmaceutical calculations, unit conversions, knowledge of drugs (status, common name, brand name) and the legal and regulatory framework surrounding the work of the pharmacy;
- Available to work days , evenings and every other weekend;
- Experience in hospital pharmacy (asset).
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
The West Island of Montreal IHSSUC has a program for the access to equal employment and invites natives, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities to apply for positions. Persons with disabilities can share their special needs in relation to the selection process for the position requested to facilitate the study of their application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.54-$26.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
- English (required)
- French (required)
Work Location: In person