White Point Beach is looking for an experienced Human Resources Manager to join our "family".
Must reside and be able to legally work in Canada
Located on Nova Scotia's picturesque South Shore, White Point is a quintessential beachfront holiday experience – all year round. The Main Lodge is the heart of the property – sprawling, yet cozy, with crackling wood fires and warm, maritime hospitality. This important leadership will be responsible for recruiting a large team, in a busy year-round operation.
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Division: Administration Resort Services
Department: Human Resources
Responsible To: General Manager
Reporting to the General Manager this newly created position will be responsible for implementing resort wide HR policies and procedures, a employee handbook, as well as being responsible for employee recruitment and retention strategies. These strategies will include employee orientation, training and development, employee engagement, benefits, and oversight of our resort health and safety program.
· Oversee all recruitment initiatives supporting the needs of each department
· Responsible for the onboarding and orientation of all resort employees
· Responsible for the implementation oversight of resort training and employee development strategy as well as succession planning.
· Accountable for ensuring all HR policies and procedures are adhered too across the resort operation
· Accountable for the recruitment cycle for year-round and seasonal positions
· Support the departmental heads in their recruitment activities and training programs
· Responsible for ensuring the employer is legally compliant as per local employment laws as well as health and safety regulations, and workers compensation guidelines
· To recommend pay structure for hourly as and salaried positions based on competitive analysis.
· To review the total rewards package for employees at all levels of the organization and make recommendations for change where needed to the General Manager.
· To review hiring trends, data analysis and key drivers for employee engagement and satisfaction
· To implement and exit interview process
· Ensure an annual employee survey is conducted at the end of the busy season
· To adapt update policies and procedures in accordance with new legislation
· To be fully familiar with the LMIA process for foreign workers
· Ensure promotion of recreation activities throughout resort
· Participate in the resort health and safety committee
· Other duties as assigned
· 5-10 years’ experience in a similar role preferably within the hospitality or resort industry
· Degree or Diploma in Human Resources Management
· A certified human resources designation such as the Chartered Professional Human Resources (CPHR) considered an asset or working towards
· Must possess excellent customer service skills
· Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
· Must be detailed orientated.
· recreation and leisure, hospitality or travel & tourism an asset
· Knowledge of the employment act and occupational health and safety legislation
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook
· Must be extremely responsible with integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
· Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
· Required to move, lift, carry, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
· Stand, sit or walk for an extended period or for an entire shift
· Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting and pulling
· Move over sloping, uneven or slippery surfaces
· Significant exposure to varying weather conditions
White Point Beach Resort is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. WPBR is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please contact the Human Resources department with any accommodation requests.
Subsidized accommodation available.
For those interested, please reply to this email with a current resume and cover letter.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $62,000.00-$72,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Human resources: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person